Thursday, August 1, 2013

mini-Project Thursday

Since it is the holy month of Ramadan, this means shortened office hours for us employees in Islamic countries.

Since it is Thursday, it means start of the weekend here in the UAE.

After a hectic week I was so looking forward to going home early and snuggling with my Baby RL. Then I got an FB message that says, "May request me pwede kung di ka busy". Since the molester (in ilonggo, ang gamolestya) is someone very dear to me, how can I say no.

So instead of napping on our bed, I was doing this..



Our dear precious Kate is turning 10 on Saturday and is having a small party at home. She sent me a picture of 1D cake that she wanted to replicate for her birthday. The cake is already ordered, I am only asked to make the abubuts for the cake. So goodbye naptime, hello papercuts! Good thing Baby RL napped so I was able to finish the mini project for his manang na maninay pa Kate.

O sya, final product..


 
That will be one overly decorated cake. I did not have time to scour for materials, so I just used what I have in hand. And what do I have? BBQ sticks! It works.. kinda.. I guess.. Well, I still have time to tweak it a bit if I find something else more suitable.

I can't believe Kate is 10 na. I met her when she was 4 and a little monster. Now she's 10 going on 45. Beautiful, smart, sassy and kinda awesome really. That is why she is maninay to Baby RL. Will post photos of her party, hopefully I'll get the chance to take photos while baby sitting. Indeed, her ihado is very much invited, we can't wait to attend our first birthday party!

We have 2 birthday parties to go to this weekend, still no gifts. I was supposed to look for gifts this evening but Mr. RL took the car so I am stranded. I just need to wake up early tomorrow and hopefully find one for Frosty who is turning 4 and having a Minions Swimming party in the afternoon.  Kate's gift will just have to wait when I get the time shop.

Can you guess Kate's party theme? Honestly, what is it about girls and boy bands? From the time of the Beatles, girls had been screaming their heads off for boys that are prettier than they are. Is it the hair? The music? The moves? Oh well, far be it for me to judge. I still have my BSB CDs inside a BSB tin lunchbox back at home in Iloilo. Yeah baby, BSB for life! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment